Why is it that everytime I go out with Mr. Lederhosen, I end up walking in the slushy shitstorm for like two years? We were supposed to see The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button today, but the only showing was at 8.30. We were downtown at 3.30, so we had loads of time to spend before that. We had planned to show Bianca where her school was, since she'll be starting in there on monday (tomorrow). Lars wanted to take pictures in downtown, so we agreed that we'd meet at this hotel at 5.30.
When we walked to the bus stop with Bianca, she didn't want to go to the school! Great. Now we had to spend two hours downtown, with nothing to do while we waited for Lars to show up to the hotel.
Nothing interesting happened in those two hours.
At 5.30, the weirdest thing happened - a German guy was late! The whole Wehrmacht must be rolling over in their graves. Anyhoo, when we were all back together, Lars figured we should go and see the christmas lights in Stanley Park. I thought "Great, I wanted to see them before they take it down." He wanted to see the Burrard Bridge first, since it was the only bridge he hadn't seen in Van City. We started to walk, and I thought he'd walk us to a bus stop, where we could catch a bus to the bridge. Well no, we kept walking and walking and walking, until we got to the bridge. There was nothing, NOTHING, on the bridge. It was just a bridge. If I say bridge one more time, that's gotta be a record of some kind. Bridge. That's a game too, isn't it? I should learn to play it, since I got these cool Sponge Bob-playing cards from Brenda.
Anyway, after we left the bridge (there I go again), Lars said that he'd take us to Stanley Park now. Well, we started to walk. Again I got the idea that he'd take us to a bus stop, but yet again I was wrong. We walked, and walked, and walked. I felt so bad for Bianca, since she had these weird boots on, that are kinda like winter boots, but not quite so wintery after all. She was beat after the first half hours of walking, probably because she'd never seen snow in her life before the 23rd of december this year, much less walked in it.
At one point I asked Lars "How long till Stanley Park?" "About 15 minutes. It would take me 10 minutes, but I have to walk slower now that I walk with you."
After 40 minutes, we got to the edge of the park. After 15 more minutes, we got to the lights. They were pretty cool, but definately not cool enough to justify the freaking walking/swimming we did. I'll post some pictures tomorrow of the lights, so you can be the judges.
blahblah we got back home safely yaddayadda yeahyeah
Oh, I also bought a blueberry muffin and the best popcorn ever!
Needless to say, I didn't get to see the movie tonight :( I'm gonna go see it on my own for sure, since Mr. Sauerkraut was supposed to see it with me tonight. He failed me tonight, so I'll fail him some other day. HAH!
LTRZ
Tilaa:
Lähetä kommentteja (Atom)

2 kommenttia:
well well...mitä mä voin sanoa: hän oo saksalainen, vittu!!! miks sä et usko mulle kun mä sanoin: saksalaiset ovat hölmöjä!!! :P
Lähetä kommentti