sunnuntai 11. tammikuuta 2009

VICTORY IS MINE!!! BWAHAHAH!

WOO WOO! All the tiredness I had is now gone, and I feel like a totally new man. I still respond to the name Miika though. I also answer to Artemis, Agent Buckwald and Snake. Yes, I rather like Snake. Snake Kuikka.. (don't blame me, Family Guy is on all the time in here!).

This weekend has been a pretty good one, eventhough nothing much has happened. It could've started a bit better though. I got off from work on friday a little after five, and walked to my bus stop, which is a few blocks away. I didn't wanna miss the bus, since I had made an "msn-date" with Henna, who again was pulling off another allnighter. I speedwalked to my bus, which came to the stop right on time (I have to mention at this point, I've been so lucky with buses in the last week or so. It's like they are waiting for me behind the corner and when they see I arrive to the stop, they pull up instantly). I got on, went to the back seat and got a little shuteye. After a few minutes I realized that we hadn't moved at all. After about ten minutes, people started getting off the bus to find other means of transportation, since it seemed that our lane was totally stuck. I got curious at this point, and decided to stay on the bus, eventhough I could've walked to the seabus, which was about a kilometer away. After a while there were only two people on the bus besides me, if I don't count the driver.

Now, at this point the situation became a battle of wills. Who would last the longest without cracking and getting off the bus. I looked around and assessed my competition. The other one was a piece of cake - a middle aged woman, who looked stressed and sweaty. I was sure she would be the first one to leave the forsaken hellhole that's known as the bus number 240. The other one was the one I was worried about. He was lean, he was mean, he was a chinese "I will outlast you anyday"-kinda machine. He sat one row in front of me, and on the other side of the aisle. This was gonna be a tough battle. A battle of honor. A battle of character, and of dignity. I had to beat this chinese man, I just had to. I wiped the few pearls of sweat off of my forehead, and kicked in the high gear - I whipped out my iPod and paused the Flyleaf song. This was gonna need something way more intense.

Hello you're goin down
Hello you're goin down
Who is this
It's me motherfucker
You're goin down
They say all good things
Come to those who wait

Oh it was on. It was so on. After 45 minutes of waiting, we got moving. That joy was a little premature though, since we stopped again after maybe 250 meters. That was just enough for us to get to another bus stop, and the lady got off the bus. Some other folks came in, but this battle wasn't for them. They were not ready for it. This one was now one on one. Mano a mano. With shifty eyes I drilled a hole to the back of this man's head. I tried to get in there to intimidate him, but he wouldn't budge. He was almost as cool as the Zen Master Niko himself, I thought. That's when it hit me.. I would try to channel all of the Zen Master's strengths and teachings to overcome my evergrowing anxiety and restlessness. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. This was it. This was my ticket to victory. He didn't stand a chance anymore. He was going down.

I felt so peaceful..so powerful. I had managed to plug into the chakras that were flowing from the House of the Thousand Empty Milk Cartons. We had been waiting in the bus for nearly 1 hour 45 minutes, when we finally got moving. The bus was now pretty full, but I could still see my opposition, being as calm as ever. He acted almost as if he didn't know about the competition. I knew that was one of his many tricks that he tried to use to make me feel overconfident and to get me off my game. Hah, keep thinking that buddy. The bus drove forward. People got off. People got in. The chinese man sat there like a rock. Like a rock that had stood proudly through thousands of years. Like a rock ready to be broken.

I was beginning to get nervous when we got close to my stop. The man sat there like he wasn't in a hurry to go anywhere, like he could sit there forever. I was almost ready to give up, when finally he broke. There were four stops to go before I had to get off the bus, when my worthy competitior pulled on the stop handle, and rushed off the bus! Victory was mine! I had been able to elude all of my fears and doubts, and now I stood tall on the top of the Mount Victory! I got off from the bus, feeling like I could take on the world. With the newfound enthusiasm, I ended up staying up until five in the morning chatting with Henna, a feat unheard of before. Next morning was of course a slap in the face, when I went down to have breakfast at 2pm to an exlamation from Brenda "You JUST got up??!"

It was all worth it.

Yesterday I went to see The Wrestler, which was dubbed as "the resurrection of Mickey Rourke". That it was. Eventhough I have major problems looking at his Botox-filled face, he was really, really good in that film, and it was one of the best films I've seen in a while. Also it doesn't hurt to have the *drool* awesome Marisa Tomei show off her goods many times during the film. Today I'm gonna go to shoot some pictures from the Lionsgate Bridge since it's a nice day outside, finally. It's been pouring rain for the last few days, so it's a nice change to have a little sunshine every once in a while.

All in all I feel great right now, life is sweet. I'm gonna blog back

LTRZ

1 kommentti:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Huhhuh, melkosta tykitystä... :D

-Pete-