perjantai 13. helmikuuta 2009

NO TITLE HERE, GO AWAY

Long time no nothing, eh? Well, like I said in the very first post, my interest in these kinds of things fades away really fast. Actually, the interest is still there, but the writing seems like such hard work that I've just been ducking it for the past few days. Not that there's been something blog-worthy happening :D

Yesterday changed it all though. Hen-nuh rolled into town, which is pretty damn cool. Badass even.

Hen-nuh's aunt, Maija/Maikki had been in contact with me for a week or so, and we had agreed that she would pick me up at 6.30 from North Van, and we would drive to the airport with plenty of time to spare. Well, sure enough she came to North Van a little early even, and after a kinda awkward start (speaking english -> finglish -> "Aa sina puhut suomea!" -> finnish), we got along great. By the way, this was the first time I really spoke finnish for more than three sentences since my arrival here, and boy was it weird at first.. all the intonations were all wrong and I must've sounded like a dousche from the countryside trying to be a Yanar from the great big capital.. but that went away (I think), and currently I sound kinda normal :D

Now, Maija has been living in Canada for over 30 years, and so I had a pretty firm belief that she would know how to navigate us through the city to the airport without any problems. As I've come to learn, things aren't usually as easy as they are made out to be here in Van.. and so after about an hour and a half of driving in circles in both the North Shore and Downtown, we finally got on the right bridge and made it to the airport with about 40 minutes to spare.

We had a cup of coffee and just talked about everything that came up, subjects ranging from religion to travelling to german dudes with long hair putting apples under their shirts to get a ride in Spain (the driver who picked that guy up must've been so dissappointed..). She is one of those persons that I can talk with almost like I've known her forever, even though this was the first time we met. She must've picked up a bit of that famous Canadian courtesy along the way!

As the time drew thin and Hen-nuh's plane was about to land, the bubbling I had had for the past week or so really started to escalade, and I almost threw up because I was so nervous/excited/happy/whatever. It just felt so great to see her on the monitor that showed everyone who were about to come to the arrivals lobby, dragging this suitcase that was almost bigger than her, and then to give her a big ol' bearhug (she didn't tap out :l ).. haha, that was awesome.

Soon after we got on the road heading back to Pitt Meadows where Maija lives, she decided to continue her "I don't really mind where I'm going, I'm just so happy Hen-nuh is finally here"-driving, and we found ourselves in the middle of nowhere, where there were "Seattle, xx miles" signs etc (by the way, what a retard sounding sentence, "nowhere where there where".. say it quickly ten times in a row. C'mon, say it!). We were totally lost, and had a blast about it :D I'd almost forgotten how infectious Hen-nuh's laughter is. After our small roadtrip that lasted for a little over two hours I think and included four "let's ask for directions" stops, we got to Pitt Meadows at around midnight. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Maija decided for everyones behalf that I'd be spending the next two and a half weeks at her place! Oh well, I'm not complaining :D

gsaasdghflk

I just got a total block. Um.. yeah I'm gonna continue with this enchanting tale later on, since on top of everything I have to look like I'm working. I bet the FF2 and YouTube that are showing in the background are helping me with this illusion.. oh well.

l
t
r
z

Ei kommentteja: